Partnership Services Manager
Partnership Services Manager
Salary: up to £34,000
Reports to: Deputy Director of Operations
Accountable to: Director of Operations
Key relationships: OHP GP Board Partners, OHP Partners, OHP Practice Managers, OHP Extended Access HUB Leads, OHP central team, External stakeholders such as CCG.
The Partnership Services Manager is a key senior post within OHP central team, reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations. The post holder is responsible, on a day to day delivery of the OHP objectives that relate to the OHP services that directly impact on OHP constituent practices.
The main duties of the role are centred around are playing a major contribution to the delivery of the OHP objectives.
The post holder will work alongside the Integrated Governance Manager in delivering the objectives
The role will support the development of the OHP networks and will work alongside the network development function in ensuring that all the requirements and needs of the different networks are met.
The role will provide the first point of contact for OHP constituent practices into the OHP central team with all aspects of the core delivery of the OHP objectives
Role Duties :
• To be responsible on a day to day basis for the delivery of all OHP workforce strategy.
• Support localities/ practices with workforce initiatives that present themselves
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the OHP staff bank
• Lead manager for all national workforce initiatives such as international recruitment, GP retention schemes
• Act as the key liaison manager for the CEPN for both Birmingham and Shropshire CCGs
• Supporting the delivery of a training programme for practice management across the OHP constituent practices
Marketing and Communications
• To be responsible for developing and implementing the OHP’s marketing and communications strategy
• Responsible for all external and internal communications including management of OHP website, managing the social media platforms and managing all interactions with any external agencies.
• Responsible to produce internal communications including newsletters to constituent practices.
• Assess the need and potentially and manage a OHP patient participation group
• Provide consultancy and advice to practices on own internal communications including practice specific web sites and patient interactions
Locality/Service Change Development and Contracting
• Act as the lead manager for all contractual development programmes
• Responsible for all contractual monitoring requirements • Act as lead manager on all service change/re-design programmes – such as social prescribing
• Work closely with the network development locality work ensuring that localities and networks are fully supported
• In conjunction with the Deputy Director of Operation develop a suite of services that can be offered to external organisations by the central operational team on a consultancy basis
• Ensure that all OHP practices have a resilience plan and provide support and guidance in developing the future business of the practices
Extended Access Support
• Responsible for ensuring that adequate staff are in place to undertaken extended access EA session in the seven OHP HUBs
• Develop and maintain the central induction pack for the seven extended access HUBs
• Participate in the operational on –call rota for the extended access HUBs function which will include staffing, IT, Building and business critical issues [note: a full range of on –call arrangements will need to be developed across all the seven HUBS to ensure sustainability going forward]
• Development and management of all contract requirements and internally agreed KPIs
• Collation of practice, staff and patient feedback for the Extended Access HUBs
• Responsible to produce OHP Board reports and papers, on behalf of the Deputy Director of Operations and the Director of Operations
• Act as the lead OHP manager for all procurement by creating and managing buyers’ groups and to ensure that efficiencies are obtained at locality and practice level
• In conjunction with the Deputy Director of Operations manage and lead meetings such as PMs Focus Group, PMs business meetings etc.
• Deputize for the Deputy Director of Operations as and when required
Partnership Services Manager
The post of Partnership Services Manager is a new role that has been created to support our 37 practices with initiatives such as workforce development, service and contracting development and initiatives such as procurement programmes. The post holder will play a major part in the management of our Extended Access provision across OHPs seven Hubs. The post holders will also be responsible for all communication matters relating to the partnership including managing all the social media platforms, website and production of all communication channels such as newsletters.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, ability to work on own initiative and enjoys working with people. Experience of communication management and experience of dealing with all levels of clinical and non-clinical management is essential. Experience of general practice management is highly desirable as major part of the role will be leading on general practice initiatives with our existing Practice Managers.
We are a small team within the pioneering partnership and all prepared to support each other’s roles. For more information, or an informal discussion, please contact Leanne Hoye on 0121 422 1366 or Leanne.email@example.com
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd January 2019